External Evaluation of the Department of Computer Science
The External Evaluation of the Department of Computer Science took place on 28, 29 and 30 November, 2011, in accordance with Law 3374/2005. The committee of external evaluators consisted of:
- Professor George Karypis (Committee Chair), University of Minnesota, USA
- Dr Theodoros N. Arvanitis, University of Birmingham, UK
- Dr Nikolaos Boulgouris, Brunel University, UK.
- Professor Maria Petrou, Center for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece
- Professor Nikolaos D. Sidiropoulos, University of Minnesota, USA
An indicative list of the evaluation report follows:
"Overall, the EEC was impressed by the quality of students, staff, teaching, and research. There is an atmosphere of mutual respect between students and staff, a sense of pride by both in being members of the Department, and their strong desire to excel in their mission. This coupled with the strong team spirit that permeates the Department raises the EEC‘s confidence that the Department will continue on its path of excellence"
The evaluation results are included in the evaluation report: